How Sea to Sky Courier and Freight is responding to the Coronavirus
At Sea to Sky Courier, the health of our employees and customers are important to us. We have created a safety plan to clarify the actions that Sea to Sky Courier and Freight will take in order to ensure the wellbeing of everyone in our place of business and community. This document can be found at 1010 Industrial Way Squamish BC and will be regularly updated by management.
What is Sea to Sky Courier and Freight doing to mitigate the risk of spreading the Coronavirus?
- We’re following all advice from the Public Health Agency of Canada, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Worksafe BC to guide our COVID-19 response and protect our people, customers and the communities we serve.
- We’ve put in place advanced sanitation practices. Our facility is constantly being sanitized. We are being diligent in ensuring that our common areas and equipment is being sprayed down and wiped. We are also advising couriers who share vehicles that keys, locks and vehicle controls that are touched by hand also be sanitized.
- All staff that is feeling any flu/cold like symptoms are advised to stay home. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and new muscle aches or headache.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of BC or who has had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 case must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- The front door to our facility is locked, please phone (604) 892-8484 upon arrival at our warehouse so we may come out and assist you in a safe manner.
- We’re conducting “contactless deliveries”
- Drivers and staff have been provided with sanitizer
- Verbal consent is now accepted instead of a written signature for most shipments.
- To help protect our employees and customers from the possible spread of COVID-19, for the time being, our employees will not be able to assist in filling out manual waybills. We’re following Public Health Agency of Canada recommendations around physical distancing (two meters apart) and avoiding prolonged interaction with others. As such, manual waybills must be completed and attached to packages when picked up by our couriers or dropped off at our facility.
- You can create shipments, schedule pickups, and create shipping labels online with off of our website. Please email info@seatoskycourier to be set up with online tools.